Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Goodbye metal mouth







They said it couldn't be done. Every single dentist, orthodontist and oral surgeon I've seen over the years insisted I need orthognathic surgery (break & reposition my jaw) to correct my severe underbite. But one orthodontist said otherwise and made a compelling case for what the others had overlooked. Yesterday I had my braces removed by Dr. Trammell and he has been proven right! However, this is only the end of the first phase…

Next will be bone grafting (under general anesthetic), three implants and numerous crowns. If your kids grind their teeth when they sleep, get them a night guard. You (or they) will save thousands!

4 comments:

Allison R said...

YEAH!!!

Chicken said...

Ooh, no more brace face! Can't wait to see the teeth in context, live!

Anonymous said...

i never even noticed the braces!
HOORAY they're off.
now, time for the white strips :P

Barbara said...

Wonderful...so good to have all that work behind you...fingers crossed over the next stage.

About the photos of Leela and Mis..they look as adorable as ever. Mia's so lucky having a big sister around...she looks very alert.